Don't be fooled. They may look like oats but this #bowlofbliss is absolutely grain free & pretty much kicks ass in the tasting good department too. I love this recipe because its low glycemic, gluten-free, high protein, high fiber & filled with healthy fats; making it a complete meal. It's awesome pre or post training or anytime of day really.
Getting straight to the point:
- 2 cups of (organic) cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut milk (i prefer So Delicious LITE coco milk)
- 1/3 cups of water
- Organic Vanilla Stevia
- 1.5 tbsp cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (optional but i love the taste and how it adds thickness not to mention more fiber)
- 1/2 banana (I keep it low sugar use half only but if you don't care about that use more)
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (mine is Sunwarrior Vanilla- It's vegan & f!!!king amazing)
- 1 tbsp RAW almond butter (you can add more obviously but calorically it adds up quick so I choose to use one and it tastes perfect)
- Shredded coconut flakes
- Raw almonds or pumpkin seeds
- cocoa nibs
- goji berries
Add cauliflower rice, cinnamon, stevia, coconut milk and water in a saucepan- turn heat up to MED and let it hangout for about 8-10 min. STIRRING is important or it may burn.
- NEXT: add the banana and coconut flour and let it melt down for a minute with the rest of the goods.
- REMOVE FROM HEAT
- Add your scoop of protein powder and almond butter- stir it in good
- ADD TOPPINGS and enjoy!
Let me know what you think below!