Matcha has been getting tons of attention in the past year. Here's 8 reasons why the attention is 100% validated and why it is a BlackBeltBeauty BeautyFUEL essential:
Boosts Energy & Endurance: Matcha is a natural energizer rich in caffeine (less than coffee) and a stress decreasing amino acid, L-Theanine. The combination will give you the positive perks to consuming caffeine like increased endurance and alertness but leaves the out the negative side effects thanks to the L-Theanine in it.
- Increases Focus & Memory: Amino Acid L-Theanine increases alpha brain waves which increase relaxation, decrease stress and lead to a relaxed alertness.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Matcha is 17x higher in antioxidants than blueberries. The potent catechins polyphenols in it are uniquely high and offer powerful free-radical protection. The EGCg catechins also makes full of potent anti-cancer properties.
- Stress Reliever: Amino Acid L-Theanine is once again the superstar behind this benefit for its ability to increase alpha brain waves that are known to boost your mood and put you in a relaxed state.
- Detoxifier: Matcha is rich in Chlorophyll, a blood cleanser that helps to remove heavy metals built in the body and that also supports digestive health.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Matcha's unique and potent catchins have been proven to decrease LDL cholesterol and lower blood pressure.
Stimulates Metabolism: The powerful thermogenesis effect of Matcha can stimulate your metabolism and increase calorie burning. Consuming Matcha daily can support healthy weight loss.
Immunity Booster: Matcha's health superstar catechin EGCG is especially effective in increasing immunity and supports the inhibition of viral, bacteria and fungal infections.
Matcha is easy to incorporate into your daily diet. Here are a few of my favorite ways that I make it a part of mine:
Matcha Latte: I consume one, sometimes more of these every day. I love making warming/frothing some of my homemade almond milk and adding a few drops of stevia to it. A teaspoon of raw coconut oil in it increases the taste and nutrition too.
Iced Matcha Tea (Latte): Same as above, matcha and stevia but skipping the warm almond milk for cold almond milk OR skipping it all together then add several ice cubes.
Smoothies/Smoothie bowls: Easily increases the health benefits of your smoothie bowls or smoothies by adding a tablespoon of Matcha to it.
Bake with it: From pancakes, to cookies or muffins; baking with Matcha is a delicious way to give your treats some added health benefits. I love this Gluten-free, vegan matcha donut recipe that has zero refined sugars.
There are countless ways to use matcha in the kitchen so get creative, have fun and enjoy the powerful benefits your body will love from consuming this powerhouse superfood.